- About Us
- Case Studies
WebAudits: Gather Meter Readings Without Software
Capturing usage data about your client’s MFP and printer fleets offers the promise of finding new sales opportunities and automating the time-intensive meter reading collection process.
The challenge is that most data collection solutions require you to install software on your client’s network to collect data. This means you have to get permission from the client’s IT department to install the software and then schedule an installation. This costly speed bump ends up slowing the adoption of remote meter reading. In some cases, the IT department will not let you install software. This leaves you in the inconvenient position of having to manage both traditional meter collection for some of your clients and remote meter collection for others.
While we offer Onsite® data collection software that can reside on a client’s network, we also offer the ability to collect meters over the internet with WebAudit. This patented technology collects meter readings without installing any software on the client’s network. The client simply clicks on a web link that opens their web browser. WebAudit finds all of the devices on the client’s network and creates a table of the meter readings. Once the client reviews these, they click “Send” to transmit the data to you. It’s that easy. It’s safe. And, it requires no software on the client’s network.
Application #1: Take Meter Readings Over the Web
- WebAudit is the perfect solution for clients that do not want to install data collection software on their network. When it comes time for meter readings, simply email the WebAudit link to your client. The software finds their devices and collects meters. The client then reviews the meters before they send the data to you. This data is sent to your WebAudit Central Server and is synchronized with your billing system.
Application #2: One Visit Print Assessments
- WebAudit is a perfect complement to the managed print services sales process. Conducting a print assessment with a USB key requires two visits to a client: one visit for the initial meter readings and a second visit for the final readings. While the first meter reading is typically conducted on a sales call where the rep proposes an assessment, the second meter reading is often an inconvenience to the client. FMAudit enables one call assessments. Simply use the USB key to take the meters on the first visit. For the second meter reading, simply email the WebAudit link. You will get the information you need without having to meet the client. Now your second visit can be to show the TCO and close your sale.
How WebAudit Works
- You send an email to the client with WebAudit as a link an email
- The client clicks on the link and it opens up a web page
- WebAudit discovers the printers on the network
- The client reviews the list and clicks “Send” to transmit the data to you
It is that simple. Contact us today to learn more about how you could gather meters over the web without any software installed on your clients’ networks.